Great content marketing is something which may seem hard to master but, with the right tools, it can be achieved with ease. Creating interesting and informative content to ensure that your site is visited over competitors’ may seem out of reach, but if you follow the ten steps found below, your posts will become as much as ten times better than your direct competitor.
In a nutshell:
- Identify the pain points: What would your readers like to solve?
- Choose a tempting topic: Interest is key!
- Evaluate the current competition: Check out what others in your field are doing and look for weaknesses.
- Determine your deliberate difference: What is your unique selling point? How are you different from your competition?
- Brainstorm your irresistible headline: Make it catchy and to the point.
- Conduct your essential research: Ensure your post has all the relevance that your visitors require in their content.
- Plan your main points: Organisation is important here – create your blueprint.
- Craft your epic content: Write!
- Polish before you publish: Draft, proofread, edit, and repeat the process. Ensure it’s perfect!
- Promote your published post: Once you’re proud of it, show it off via email, social media, or any other outlet where your visitors can gain access to it!
Once you have followed these ten steps, your content will shine and thus your website will too. You don’t have to be a brilliant writer, you just need to have a structure to the way you tackle content and, by understanding these steps, you are well on your way to publishing content that not only surpasses your competition’s, but also ensures that you are the first port of call for anyone wishing to view relevant, informative, and well-organised content on specialist topics.
Thanks to Smartblogger for the infographic!